Thursday, August 4, 2011

Homegrown and Happy


Seventeen years ago I married Michael. He was, and still is a hometown guy who was very smart, funny, really good looking and the man of my dreams. At the time, he had this strange hobby. He made beer on his stove. I found it odd but thought it was just a passing fancy. Boy was I wrong.

This isn't a blog about a guy who has all of these crazy hobbies and passions, although it may seem like it sometimes. This is about getting back to basics, eating healthy, being passionate about how you live. It is about moving away from what is considered 'easy and convenient' in this country. Easy isn't always better. Sometimes I joke about Michael's laundry list of time consuming hobbies, but really, I wouldn't change a thing.

After watching Food Inc. I was absolutely horrified and felt that this country is on a one way trip to disaster and doom. Hopefully this blog gives you another picture and an alternative.

1 comment:

  1. Homesteading is going to be the new BMW. I love hearing all the stories from my brother and how excited about growing his own veggies after each trip to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete